Welcome to the CAHSI NM S-STEM
The goal of this program is to aid students at two-year institutions pursuing a degree in computing fields transition to New Mexico State University to continue a four year degree in computing. Students in the program can receive the scholarship every semester, for up to eight semesters. Scholarship award is contingent on students financial need based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All required application materials must be submitted in order for you application to be considered.
NMSU- Alamogordo Program Coordinator
Associate Professor, Natural Sciences
The eligibility requirements for the S-STEM scholarship are as follows:
- US. Citizenship or permanent residency
- Financial need as defined by the Department of Education rules for need-based FAFSA.
- High-school GPA of at least 3.6 (from transcripts), rank in the top 15% of graduating high school class, OR a GPA of 3.0/4.0 if student is already a college freshman.
- Full-time student status, pursuing a major in a computing discipline:
- Computer Science (BA or BS)
- Computer Engineering
- Information and Computing Technology (ICT)
The CAHSI NMSU S-STEM program will fund students seeking a degree in computer related fields for a period of up to four years (or eight semesters). Funded students at NMSU, NMSU-A, NMSU-G and DACC* receive an annual stipend based on their years in the program up to the following amounts:
- Year 1: $7,000 (students attending NMSU-A, NMSU-G or DACC)
- Year 1: $8,000 (students attending NMSU)
- Year 2: $9,000
- Years 3 & 4: $10,000
*Students attending NMSU-A, NMSU-G or DACC must transition to NMSU upon completion of second semester.
Students interested in applying for the S-STEM scholarship must submit the following documents:
- Complete online application form
- Detailed résumé listing all education, employment history, and extracurricular activities
- Personal Statement
- Transcript(s) from all colleges and high schools attended.
- Two recommendation letters, with at least one from a recent instructor
Complete the S-STEM Scholarship Application Form
Read and complete the Obligation Affirmation and Signature Page