CAHSI New Mexico S-STEM Program at New Mexico State University
NMSU Program Manager
Adán M. Delval
Deadline: December 31, 2021
Please read the instruction below before starting. Complete and save the following documents in PDF format prior to starting the S-STEM application.
- Detailed résumé listing all education, employment history, and extracurricular activities
- Personal Statement*
- Transcript(s) from all colleges and high schools attended.
- NMSU Students can download an unofficial transcript from my.nmsu.edu.
- See “Transfer Student” if you previously attended another institution(s).
- For Transfer Student/NMSU student who previously attended other institution(s):
- Request an email copy of prior institution(s) transcripts (not transferable credits listed on the NMSU transcript) from the Registrar Office of the prior institution(s).
- Download an unofficial NMSU transcript from ‘my.nmsu.edu’.
- Two recommendation letters, with at least one from a recent instructor (using formal letterhead)
*The personal statement should address the following: (this is submitted in text-box format, you may want to type in MS Word then copy and paste)
a) personal background and personal strengths, b) academic, career, and personal interests, c) motivation for pursuing a computing discipline, and discussion of the expected benefits from the CAHSI-NM-STEM experience, d) long term goals. Other topics to address in the personal statement include unique characteristics about yourself and relevant experiences that will help you complete your degree.
- Complete the S-STEM Scholarship Application Form
- Read and complete the Obligation Affirmation and Signature Page